Friday, June 22, 2007

Lifting the Bell.

Well today in Tokyo is raining but I was lucky enough to get up early and knock out my KB workout. It felt good. My 16kg KB is a cheap knockoff so I frequently run into problems with it tearing up my hand. Soon in Hawaii I'll be able to use my DD KB's.



I also found time to visit the DD Store. Wow what a difficult store to shop from, I went a bit nuts today and added a 12kg for my wife and a 20 & 24 for those times when you just need to move weight.
The Details:

Today I drew cards for my workout and it turned out to be swing xfers first.

16kg Swing Xfer's 20x5 sets 1 min rest
16kg 1H Swings 10/10x5 sets 1 min rest
16kg Swing/Snatch/Swing/C&P Xfer x 10 x 5 1 min rest.

I couldn't finish the last set. Got all wobbly but it was a blast. Heart was moving. Need to waiting until July 1 when I have music to workout with again. Tough getting the groove without the tunes.

Food:

Did better today.

Kids made Apple Pie so I ate some of the filling but was really happy with my intake.

Breakfast
Item Calories
1 large (1.2 oz) of Eggs: Chicken Egg, egg white, cooked, no added fat 17
1 large (1.8 oz) of Eggs: Chicken Egg, whole, raw, fresh 74
1 serving, 3 slices 1 NLEA serving (2.2 oz) of Deli & Luncheon Meats: Ham, Extra Lean 5% Fat, sliced 69
1 serving, 1/2 cup chopped or diced (2.6 oz) of Vegetables, Fresh: Peppers, hot chili, green, raw, edible portion 30
Total 190

Lunch
Item Calories
1 42g of Ramen Noodles 190
1 container (1.8 oz) of Fantastic Foods: Soups: Vegetarian Soup Cups, Sesame Miso, dry 140
2 cup, diced (5.5 oz) of Fruits, Fresh: Pineapple, raw, edible portion 149
Total 479

Dinner
Item Calories
2 serving, 1/2 breast (3 oz) of Chicken: Breast, meat only, roasted 284
2 whole, small, 2-2/5" dia (3.2 oz) of Vegetables, Fresh: Tomato, red, ripe, raw, edible portion 33
2 small (2.5 oz) of Vegetables, Fresh: Onions, all types, raw, edible portion 59
2 carrot, large, 7-1/4" to 8-1/2" long (2.5 oz) of Vegetables, Fresh: Carrots, raw, edible portion 59
Total 434

Snack
Item Calories
3 cup slices (3.9 oz) of Fruits, Fresh: Apples, no skin, raw, edible portion 158
1/4 cup, unpacked (5.1 oz) of Sugars: Brown 137
Total 295

3 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Hello Joe.
Yes, if it is Dragon Door made Kettlebell, I am definitely interested. I can pick up, pay somewhere next week.
Give me price for 24kg,32kg.
Shoot me an e-mail
taikei@iea.att.ne.jp

Christine said...

Hey joe,

DD sells bells on ebay too, they're easier to buy from there, and cheapier.

Himitsu Joe said...

Thanks Christine, We are currently living in Tokyo and moving to Hawaii on Friday. =) Just ordered my 20 & 24 from DD as well as a 12 for my wife. Only grief I had was the 300.00 shipping to Hawaii. Oh well. I was just seeing if Taikei wanted some old bells.

BTW Taikei, I have a friend looking for a RKC in Tokyo. Can I pass along your email?

-Joe